Team Lead - Infrastructure
DetailsGlobal Insurance firm based in North Sydney is after a Team Lead - Infrastructure. You will be empowered to solve complex global issues in a supportive environment.
The Team Lead role will lead and build this global team. We are looking for a great leader who is people focused and will help team deliver great results with the best support.
You will provide technical ownership, support and design of all aspects of the global Infrastructure environment, including design, security, management, operations and both project and service delivery.
- Technical lead for the team of cloud, system, network and voice engineers.
- Consult with the business, Head of Infrastructure and Head of Engineering and broader engineering team to prioritise, shape and implement the Cloud strategy, using Agile practices for prioritization around business value
- Executing the Cloud strategy to meet business goals and suggesting improvements where appropriate
- Working with the Engineering team to ensure smooth releases into the Cloud
- Providing feedback about existing issues and risks as they relate to Infrastructure/Cloud in consultation with the broader team
- Select the appropriate services based on scale, data, or security requirements
- Work with the broader team to estimate usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
- Consider the existing set-up and migrate on-premises workload to service providers, as needed
- Solid background as a Cloud/Infrastructure Engineer within a digital and/or web-based product company in a Lead role
- Experience migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms(Azure, AWS and others)
- Ability to work with virtualization technology
- Experience in monitoring and auditing systems
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., DNS, TCP/IP, and firewalls)
- Ability to deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems
- Knowhow in implementing and controlling the flow of data, to and from a service provider
- Capability to select the appropriate services based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Ability to estimate usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms
- Capability to migrate on-premises workload to service providers
- Skills for developing, deploying & debugging cloud applications would be preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of key features of Cloud Service Providers
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Understanding of what is necessary to implement essential security measures
- Understanding in the use of containers in development processes
- Experience working in a business that engages in agile software development practices
- Experience in helping companies to implement best practices, principles and approaches in regards to cloud computing
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Ability to articulate and gain engagement for ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Flexible working
- Health and well-being benefits
- Insurance discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail discounts
- Volunteer days
- Mentor Programs
Apply now !
Nicolle Hann-Dunbavin | www.lookahead.com.au
I'm a recruiter who's actually technical and I'm happy to share more detail with anyone who's interested.
Apply now with a Github account, LinkedIn account or resume in any format other than .exe← Back to Jobs Apply now →