Senior Ruby Developer | Melbourne
Details (ARCHIVED)ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a small team working in the online education space. They build interactive online lessons in STEM subjects, taking advantage of the latest education methods & practices and shows students how important science is, no matter what career they end up pursuing. They believe that by improving science literacy in the community, they can make a big difference on a wider scale.
The team itself is a very collaborative team that works well together in a supportive environment that promotes a culture where everyone gets an equal voice when it comes to decided best practices and working out systemic improvements to the way our app runs. If you've found a better way to do things, then that becomes the new way of working!
My client is an equal opportunity employer who puts tremendous value on diversity and inclusion. They don't discriminate on basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
ABOUT THE TECH YOU'LL USE
The stack is primarily built with Ruby & Node.JS, MySQL and MongoDB, and Docker & AWS. That said, they don't like to get fanatical about one language over another. At the end of the day, if you're someone who believes in using the right tool for the job, and are keen to learn new skills, then you'll fit right in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Help architect, build, and ship awesome features. You'll get a chance to own the whole pipeline from start to finish.
- Assist the Ops team to identify scalability and infrastructure issues
- Ensure the codebase is heavily (& correctly) tested
- Incident reporting, problem management & code review sessions
- Have a chance to make real, and impactful improvements about our app. If you've got some ideas about how things can be done better, you'll get full license to turn those into reality.
Our client is looking for an ideal candidate who has commercial experience working within teams producing products at scale. You care about how software is architected and you have a strong commitment to quality - not only is your code rigorously tested, but you understand why this is important. You thrive on a collaborative working environment and you're not shy about making your opinion heard. You care deeply about the tech you use and are passionate about the tools you work with.
- Competitive salary that matches your experience and ability
- Convenient location close to public transport
- Work in a supportive and collaborative work environment that values inclusivity
- A commitment to training and self-improvement, with plenty of chances to attend (or even present!) at conferences and community events.
- Fully stocked kitchen, a home cooked lunch every week and unlimited coffee
- A team that values a positive work/life balance - it's about what you achieve, not the hours of the day that you achieve it.
HOW TO APPLY
Send me an email with an introduction about yourself and what you like doing. Make sure to include a copy of your resume and any links to any projects, personal sites or GitHub repos that you're especially proud of.
email@example.com | @danmedcraft | www.lookahead.com.au
I'm a recruiter who's actually technical and I'm happy to share more detail with anyone who's interested.
Apply now with a Github account, LinkedIn account or resume in any format other than .exe← Back to Jobs