Senior Back End Developer
We’re looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers (back end) at the mid to senior level. Based at our head office in inner city Melbourne, you will work with our Product and Engineering teams to design and build Rails applications and APIs, infrastructure and tooling to facilitate our rapid expansion.
The product is a well established online marketplace with the ambition to grow internationally as well as to broaden the features on offer. The new additions and integrations will mean some interesting technical challenges so there will be plenty to do.
The culture is structured with developer happiness in mind. There’s good perks on offer, flexibility of hours and meeting-free days have been built into the week so you can get stuff done.
You have solid experience in Ruby on Rails. You enjoy collaboration, and can confidently provide technical direction. You have a learning mindset and and have a care for the products you have worked on.
You also might have experience in:
- Continuous deployment e.g. Buildkite, Jenkins, TravisCI
- Node/React and API-based architectures
- Experience integrating with AWS primitives or equivalent e.g. EC2, CloudFormation, RDS, Route53, S3
- Docker on Kubernetes, or other container orchestration experience
- A great opportunity to put your technical stamp on a team
- A competitive salary and equity package that matches your ability and experience
- Perks like free gym membership and a fully stocked kitchen
Send me an email about what interests you and what you’ve been up to lately. Be sure to include a resume and a link to GitHub repo, if public.
I'm a technical recruiter who is actually technical. I've spent years working with development and product teams, and understand what makes a team run smoothly. If this role isn't an exact match but you are passionate about what you do, I would still love to hear from you.
firstname.lastname@example.org | @friendlyunit | www.lookahead.com.au
I'm a recruiter who's actually technical and I'm happy to share more detail with anyone who's interested.
Apply now with a Github account, LinkedIn account or resume in any format other than .exe← Back to Jobs Apply now →