Senior Front End Developer - React | Melbourne
Details (ARCHIVED)ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a small and innovative commercial mathematics company that delivers decision-support and predictive analytics to help businesses become more efficient.
The team itself is a very collaborative team that works well together in a supportive environment that promotes a culture where everyone gets an equal voice when it comes to decided best practices and working out systemic improvements to the way our app runs.
My client is an equal opportunity employer who puts tremendous value on diversity and inclusion. They don't discriminate on basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
ABOUT THE TECH YOU'LL USE
The technology is nearly all in the front end, utilising mostly ES6, React and Redux frameworks, with D3js for any data visualisation needs. If you've also had some experience using Angular or Python, that'd be highly regarded too. You'll also use DVCS (Git, Mercurial), NPM, Webpack (most desirable), Grunt / Gulp.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work within a tight-knit passionate team, living close to the problems being solved
- Ensure the codebase is thoroughly (& correctly) tested
- Have a chance to make real, and impactful improvements about our apps
- Work in a team full of talented and creative mathematicians, software devs and engineers.
- Occasional interstate travel
You're senior developer with a fair amount of commercial experience using React/Redux, ES6, HTML/CSS and maybe even a little bit of AngularJS/Angular, working in teams producing products to scale. You thrive on a collaborative, supportive and inclusive work environment and you're not shy about demonstrating that experience when making your opinion heard, whether that be with internal or external teams. You're also able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
You've built and managed web applications deployed in AWS.
You're someone with a strong understanding about UX & UI principals - you know that easy-to-use software is just as important as having an app filled with clever algorithms.
- Competitive salary that matches your experience and ability
- Convenient location close to public transport, bars and restaurants
- Work in a supportive and collaborative work environment that values inclusivity and ensuring everyone has a healthy work/life balance.
HOW TO APPLY
Send me an email with an introduction about yourself and what you like doing. Make sure to include a copy of your resume and any links to any projects, personal sites or GitHub repos that you're especially proud of.
firstname.lastname@example.org | @danmedcraft | www.lookahead.com.au
I'm a recruiter who's actually technical and I'm happy to share more detail with anyone who's interested.
Apply now with a Github account, LinkedIn account or resume in any format other than .exe← Back to Jobs