DevOps Manager | Melbourne
Details (ARCHIVED)ABOUT THE COMPANY
My client provides a final-step delivery optimisation platform for various delivery services both in Australia and a number of other countries. They do this by providing a range of bespoke tools and integration frameworks to allow their clients to integrate and analyse those last few all important steps of parcel delivery using their own systems of record.
The team itself is a very collaborative team that works well together in a fast-paced yet autonomous environment. The ability to be able to communicate with customers who are both technical and non-technical is highly regarded.
My client is an equal opportunity employer who puts tremendous value on diversity and inclusion. They don't discriminate on basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
ABOUT THE TECH YOU'LL USE
The stack is primarily built with Node.JS, MongoDC, React & React Native, iOS Objective-C and Android Java. The customer-facing apps as mobile SDKs, referencing mobile applications with an API framework and responsive web dashboard. They integrate rapidly and deploy multiple times a day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the DevOps Manager, you'll be responsible for things including:
- Designing and supporting strategies to ensure the platform is running 24/7
- CI/CD pipelines
- Putting together a capacity plan and cost saving strategies
- Supporting dev pipelines
- Incident reporting and problem management
- R&D on tools, methodology, and suggesting strategies to improve system efficiencies and monitoring.
You've worked commercially in DevOps for a number of years buidling apps to scale. You're someone who is tenacious and good-humoured, diplomatic and thrives on working well in a collaborative and supportive environment, with a pragmatic approach to design and development. Skills-wise, you're someone who has:
- Excellent AWS knowledge (ECS/EC2/ELB), infrastructure set-up, and running a platform at scale over multiple regions. Experience with AWS disaster recovery is also highly valued
- Ability to run, monitor and maintain a micro-services architecture
- Experience with Docker, Mongolab, Terraform
- Experience with using monitoring tools like Datadog, Cloudwatch or similar
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Competitive salary that matches your experience and ability
- Convenient inner-city location
- Be able to help guide technical direction
- Work in a supportive and collaborative environment, where the main focus is the customer experience
- A hard-working team that also values a positive work/life balance
HOW TO APPLY
Send me an email with an introduction about yourself and what you like doing. Make sure to include a copy of your resume and any links to any projects, personal sites or GitHub repos that you're especially proud of.
email@example.com | @danmedcraft | www.lookahead.com.au
I'm a recruiter who's actually technical and I'm happy to share more detail with anyone who's interested.
Apply now with a Github account, LinkedIn account or resume in any format other than .exe← Back to Jobs