Lead Fullstack Developer | Sydney
Details (ARCHIVED)THE ROLE
We're on the hunt for a passionate Lead Developer to join us in taking our existing platform to the next level. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company and own the technical direction of the product.
As our engineering lead, you'll:
- Own our technology platform so you decide what we do and how we do it.
- Re-architecting our platform to help us scale.
- Investigating how machine learning, image recognition, and recommendation-based search engines can help our users.
- Architect and develop new features while also shaping the strategic direction of our tech stack.
and there's an opportunity to step into the CTO role if all goes well.
Our current tech stack is CakePHP, Bootstrap, LAMP Stack, hosted on AWS with a customer application built on Wordpress. We're open to exploring a complete re-architecture and rewrite of our platform (we're leaning towards Ruby on Rails) so we're open to developers with experience in other technologies.
- You're passionate about your craft and have a pragmatic attitude towards adopting new technology.
- You'll have a working knowledge of principles behind proper version control, build and release management, and infrastructure management.
- Unit testing and automation are super important to you and you probably have opinions on how to implement things like TDD, BDD, and CI.
- Passion for great UX is a bonus.
- You're adaptable, hands-on and detailed oriented -- we move quickly!
- We're a tight knit team so if you're a thoughtful communicator and love collaboration, we would love to hear from you!
- Join a well-funded startup in an exciting stage of growth.
- Ownership of our technical direction with an opportunity to step into the CTO role as we grow.
- A new MacBook and any other software/tools you need.
- Convenient location in Sydney in a beautiful space with tons of natural lighting.
- Flexible hours so you can take care of the important stuff in life.
Applying is easy! Send me an email with your Github account, resume, website, links to apps or anything else you're proud of.
email@example.com | www.lookahead.com.au
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd love to hear from you.
I'm a recruiter who's actually technical and I'm happy to share more detail with anyone who's interested.
Apply now with a Github account, LinkedIn account or resume in any format other than .exe← Back to Jobs